Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
Mixed martial arts or famously referred to as MMA, isn’t just a game of grappling and tackling. Mixed martial arts is a full combat sport combining various martial art disciplines like Judo, Sambo, Tae Kwon Do, Boxing, Wrestling and Mauy Thai to deliver a seriously intense total body workout. More than just a combat sports fad, MMA carries many health and fitness benefits for enthusiasts of all ages. As part of Ultima FIght Club at Ultima Downtown, you learn how you can benefit from this exhilarating full body workout while receiving instruction by former professional MMA fighter Igor Zinoviev.
Benefits of Mixed Martial Arts
Although MMA has increased in popularity in recent years, students of the discipline have been reaping the benefits of it for decades. Those benefits include:
- Better health. At the core of MMA training is strength and endurance, two major factors that help improve cardiovascular health by conditioning the body through rigorous exercise. MMA also helps you lose weight, which reduces the risk of all kinds of obesity-related conditions, from heart and lung health to mental and emotional health.
- Improved fitness. As your MMA training becomes more challenging, your body begins to look and feel better, and you are able to achieve your fitness goals as well as set new ones.
- Increased discipline. Focus and discipline are critical for the success of MMA training. As you become more enveloped in the training itself, you will develop noticeable changes in your focus and discipline that will spill over into all areas of your life.
- Greater confidence. Over the course of MMA training, as you learn more maneuvers, perfect your technique and see improvements toward your fitness goals, your confidence will soar.
- Better agility, flexibility and balance. Other areas that will improve as you get further into your MMA training include your agility — both mental and physical — as well as your flexibility and balance. As your ability to master the moves increases, so do these vital components of great fitness.
- Full body workout. Overall, your body will be worked to its core with MMA training. Each one of your body’s systems will be engaged and you will begin to look and feel better.
Training Led By Igor Zinoviev A Former MMA World Champion From Russia.
Igor Zinoviev is traditionally trained in MMA techniques, and specializes in Original Judo (for which he was certified by Japanese KataCan), a Russian technique in martial arts known as Sambo, and Mauy Thai, or Thai boxing. His experience in and out of the ring, coupled with years of training and the desire to help fitness enthusiasts from kids to seniors achieve their healthiest selves, gives Igor the edge to work with anyone who is ready for an energizing, life-altering fitness experience.
What to Expect
Whether you’re just starting out, or are looking for a more invigorating workout, one thing’s for sure: You’ll get it at Fight Club’s MMA sessions. The total body workout you will receive with Igor is unlike any other. Your training will be grueling and intensive — but it will change your life. Expect:
- Instruction from a knowledgeable pro. Igor Zinoviev is ready to share his knowledge, experience and techniques with you, regardless of your skill level. Once you’ve shared your previous experience, he’ll work with you on a program that will help you develop your technique and get the most out of your workout.
- The best equipment combined with personal attention in a group setting. Unlike a group fitness class, you will enjoy personal attention and treatment in a group setting, using the best training equipment available. The MMA sessions will involve and/or supply punching bags, focus gloves or punching mitts, and mats. You may need to bring your own shin guards, training clothes and your own MMA gloves.
- A healthier, better you. These sessions will boost your confidence, increase your mental sharpness and help you lose weight while developing muscle and a better body overall. In other words, you can be sure you’ll be on your way to becoming your best self.
Don’t wait. Call Ultima Downtown now at 561-659-1724 to sign up for Ultima Fight Club or to find out more about the MMA sessions.